BR 1-06: Dead man's river

"Oh, it's Jonas! Oh no, Jonas. My daughter is not for you. She can't marry a poor man. Go away and get some money. Then let's see ..."(p.1)


ソース画像を表示



Jonas who is a poor man wants to marry Hetty, but her father is opposed to their marrying because Jonas doesn't have enough money. One day, into a bar, Jonas heard that old Harry says there is a lot of gold in Dead man's river. Harry was troubled because big man, Bernie and little man, Pate get gold from him. Old Harry decide to take them to Dead man's river which is famouse for ghosts. They are look for gold for many hours but there is no gold because acutually gold is from another river. Bernie and Pate get angry and look for Harry. He has to run away but his leg don't move. Then Jonas help him by pretending to be a gohst. After that, Jpnas get golg from Harry and marry Hetty.

I thought  this story was easy to read and very interesting. Especially I like the scene Jonas pretended to be a gohst. I thought he is really smart. After I read this book I felt very happy. So I want you to read this book!

Elizabeth laird. (1998) person education limited. Dead man's river.

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

The city Mouse and the country Mouse

This week